Well, it’s almost here. I will be turned 34 in 8 days. I can’t believe how quickly it’s come. So, in honor of my 34th birthday, I have listed 34 things I learned by the age of 34. I must warn you, some of these are going to be really serious and some of them will be a little less serious. Nevertheless, these are things I learned. Now of these are in no particular order except #1. I felt that was the most important one.
34. You’re not guaranteed a good career/job after you graduate college.
33. When your knees start cracking, you realize you’re really getting older.
32. Don’t ignore your body.
31. Follow your dream or your true calling.
30. Don’t let anyone tell you that your dreams aren’t important.
29. Social media is a lie a.k.a people love to lie on social media to make themselves look better or their lives look better than it is.
28. It’s ok to be Black and Non-Religious.
27. Diets don’t work. Lifestyle changes do.
26. Trust your intuition.
25. The universe is huge; there's other life out there.
24. You don’t need to keep up with the Jones’s.
23. The universe removes people from your life for a reason.
22. People are afraid of what they don’t understand. See #25
21. Ignorance is comfortable.
20. Virgos lack emotional intelligence.
-Don’t @ me ☺
19. Procrastination will get you left behind.
18. Do your own research.
17. Knowledge is Power. Keep learning,
16. Everything happens for a reason.
15. Bread is fattening.
14. Cheese is delicious, I don’t care how lactose intolerant I am.
13. If you have something to say, say it.
12. Shoot your shot, unless they’re married… and a Virgo.
11. I’m a realist.
10. Amazon is a dangerous thing. I need to cancel my Prime membership.
9. It's ok to be Black and not like hip-hop/rap. It doesn’t make you less Black.
8. Sleep paralysis sucks.
7. Penn Dutch had the most reasonably priced smoke salmon in South Florida. I will always love you Penn Dutch.
6. You’re never too old to get your stuff together. Look at Oprah.
5. I can do without cable.
4. The more someone pushes their beliefs on me, the more I rebel. I have my own mind.
3. The sims 4 is the worst compared to the Sims 1-3.
2. Pick your battles.
1. love yourself first. Always work on yourself no matter if you got it together or not. Do shadow work; it will help you heal from things we tend to repress. Once you start, so many things will make sense.